UMF® Manuka Honey is New Zealand's most special honey. The native Maori people of New Zealand used the Manuka plant for making many medicines that they claimed had great benefits for the human body. Research has now proven that some Manuka Honey does indeed have special properties and people now consume UMF® Manuka Honey with the hope of gaining health benefits indentified in recent research. Each batch of Manuka Honey must be tested at an approved laboratory to identify the non-peroxide activity level. Reseach has shown that activity level of Manuka Honey needs to exceed 10 before any significant health benefits can be reaped. The higher the level of activity, the greater potential health benefit.
What is UMF?
• UMF is an abbreviation which stands for Unique Manuka Factor.
• UMF is a phytochemically derived antibacterial property (i.e.. it is derived from the nectar of the flower) found in some types of Manuka Honey.
• Only honey collected from certain Leptospermum plants contain the special UMF property.
• The UMF activity exists in addition to the hydrogen peroxide antibacterial activity found in all honeys (this activity is due to an enzyme which is added to the nectar by the honeybee) . These two antibacterial activities work synergistically - enhancing their effects.
Country of Origin: New Zealand
- Honey, a rich source of carbohydrates, provides a quick source of energy
- New studies found that honey may help in absorption of calcium
- UMF® Manuka Honey has effective antibacterial properties.
- UMF® Manuka Honey supports good health and is conducive to natural healing process.
- Laboratory Research has shown that UMF® Manuka honey is useful for assisting the body’s natural immune response to minor burns and scrapes.
- It provides a soothing action on throats and helps with the tickle.
- UMF® Manuka Honey provides a soothing environment on the stomach and gut, and gives beneficial support for the natural immune defences.
- Honey can serve as an effective carbohydrate replacement during endurance exercise and also help maintain blood glucose levels and prevent premature fatigue
- Proven to be soothing on the stomach and is conducive to sound gut/intestinal health.
May trigger allergy or asthma to those who are sensitive to pollen.
Honey should not be given to infants less than 12 months old
Last Updated @ 2/16/2016 5:37:52 PM