Cloth Pad: Cottony Panty Liner
Features of Premium Cloth Pad
Plush, stay-dry, squishy-soft imported material next to skin
Waterproof Polyurethane laminate (PUL) bottom layer with designer prints from US (except Cottony Panty Liner)
Inner core – layers of very absorbing microfiber/zorb
Sewn by stay-at-home mums while looking after their lil ones
Best for heavy days, and also post partum period
Featurs of Cottony Panty Liner
Measurement: Approximately 6.5″ x 2.5″ (when snapped up)
Soft cotton, stay new even after many washes!
Top – Soft cotton next to skin
Inner core – Layers of absorbing flannel/fleece
Bottom- backed with pretty floral cotton prints
Only for normal discharge (best for pregnancy) on non menses days
1. Use only cold water as hot water sets blood stain on pad
2. No softener / shower gel with mosturizer to prevent built up on surface
3. Hand wash for longer lasting pad
4. Change frequently / wear a darker color pad on your lighter days as dry stain is difficult to remove.
Why use cloth pads? 为何使用布卫生棉?
By caring for yourself with cloth pads you
· Danger of disposable sanitary pads & tampons
· In the west and Japan, health risks related to the use of disposable sanitary pads and tampons have started to gather public concerns.
· Disposable sanitary pads are related to skin rashes and itchiness. Over 100 death cases and some 10,000 victims by TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) have been reported in the US alone.
· Some contain deadly DIOXINS.
· Major ingredients of disposable napkins are wood pulp.
· Each woman is responsible for the loss of 5 fully matured trees from our disappearing forest.
· Other 30-40% of materials are synthetic petroleum byproducts and plastics that are processed with chemicals, which release dioxins to our environment once disposed or burnt.
· Cloth Pad is a natural, ecological and healthier alternative.
· It is easy to use, washable and reusable.
· Many women commented it is surprisingly comfortable in spite of initial hesitancy to change to “old-fashioned” way from familiar disposable products.
How many hours can a cloth pad last?
A Natural Cotton Flannel Cloth Pad lasts betwen 3-5 hours, on heavy days. However, it depends on the individual's menses flow. Change them more frequently if you need to prevent leakage.
How many cloth pads do I need in a day?
We estimate around 5-6 cloth pads on a heavy day. As each person has different flow, we advise you to try at home first for the first time so that you can estimate how many hours one cloth pad can last for yourself.
Does it smells?
Unlike the disposable laden with harmful chemical and gel that release chemical fumes when wet, the Natural Cotton Flannel Cloth Pad is fully made of breathable cloth. You will be surprise to learn that your blood actually does not smell at all!
Do cloth pads leak?
All Natural Cotton Flannel Cloth Pads (Regular Pads & Night Pads) comes with a "breathable" water barrier layer at the bottom of the pad to prevent leakage. Although it is water resistant, blood still seep through if you do not change for long hours, especially during heavy days.
Are cloth pads bulky?
On contrary, the cloth pad is ultra slim as it only contains cloth. Unlike disposable laden with chemimal and gel, cloth pads feel much more comfortable to our skin as compared to the sticky soiled disposable.
Aren't our menses blood dirty?
Our blood is sterile and is not dirty inherently. Blood is easily washed out of cloth. However, disposable plastic pads are actually unhealthier because they create a hotter environment (by trapping air and not allowing air flow) which promotes faster growth of bacteria which leads to itch, rashes and thrush.
Last Updated @ 12/8/2012 5:28:47 AM