Prosure is an energy dense, high protein formula enriched with EPA, which specially designed to help normalize metabolism and promote weight gain and help build lean body mass (LBM) in people experiencing cancer induced weight loss. Numerous clinical studies among people with cancer showed that drinking Prosure daily as part of overall care promoted weight gain, helped build lean body mass, improved quality of life, increased physical activity level, and increased strength in those who gained weight.
• For oral or tube feeding
• Not suitable as sole source of nutrition
• Recommended dosage: 18 scoops per day
Features & Benefits
• 355 kcal per serving (9 scoops) to provide energy in a small volume
• 16 g of protein to help build LBM
• 1.1g of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) to help normalize metabolism
• 5 g of dietary fiber, including 2.4 g of fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
• 27 vitamins and minerals
• Two flavors - vanilla and orange, selected by people with cancer
Dosage/How To Use
2 servings daily is strongly recommended for optimum effectiveness.
Continue for at least 3-4 weeks to see benefits when used as recommended. Normalizing metabolism, regaining weight and building muscle takes time.
100 per g
dietary fibre 3.10g
How does cancer cause changes to the body's metabolism?
• Weight loss caused by the presence of a tumor is different from weight loss due to emotional anxiety or depression or the side effects of cancer treatment.
• The tumor produces substances that alter the body's metabolism of protein, carbohydrates and fat, and causes the body to burn calories faster than they can ordinarily be replaced. An increase in the metabolism of protein and fat can lead to the loss of muscle tissue as well as fat.
• Simply eating more food or using conventional nutritional beverages is not the answer if the underlying metabolic problems are not addressed.
Why is maintaining weight so important?
• If you continue to lose weight it can affect your ability to deal with cancer and its treatment. The loss of as little as 5% of body weight can affect your response to cancer therapy and reduce your quality of life.
• Managing weight loss and rebuilding muscle can give you more energy for the independence and activities you treasure, like spending a morning in the park or an evening with friends and family.
Maltodextrin, Calcium Caseinate, Sucrose, Marine Oil, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, Minerals: (Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate), Arabic Gum, Vegetable Oils: (Fractionated Coconut (MCT) Oil, Soy Bean Oil, High Oleic Sunflower Oil), Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Flavoring, Lecithin, Vitamins: (Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vitamin E, Mixed Tocopherols, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12, Vitamin A, Beta Carotene, Biotin, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin K1), Soy Polysaccharide, Taurine and L-Carnitine.
Opened cans should be covered and stored in a cool, dry place and used within weeks.