Tender Essence, 100% Pure Juniper Berry Essential Oil (10ml)
Name: Juniper Berry
Keywords: Refreshing Antiseptic
Botanical Name: Juniperus communis
Uses: Clearing and refreshing, used in oil burners as a room antiseptic. Often used in mens' perfumes.
Acts as an emmenagogue (stimulates menstruation) and so should be kept away from pregnant women. Essential oils should never be used on pregnant women
Description: The oil comes from the berries of an evergreen shrub
Consistency: A watery viscosity
Aromatic Scent: The oil has a fresh aroma with notes of turpentine, pepper and balsamic undertones
Note: Middle to Top
- Never use any oil neat on the skin, always dilute first.
- It is best to dilute in a carrier oil (i.e. Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, even supermarket Olive Oil) if you intend to prepare a massage oil. Start with 1% essential oil to 99% carrier and increase essential oil until you have desired aroma strength.
- Alternatively, use only 4 drops of each oil on a tissue, in the bath or dripped onto a radiator or sink. - The oils will evaporate naturally and so you can also remove the cap and place on a high shelf (away from children and pets), to diffuse fragrance into a room.
- For external use only, avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on children, or when pregnant or while using medication.
- An essential oil should not be used instead of seeing a doctor for medical advice. Never self prescribe and if in doubt please ask your doctor. Do not use on sensitive skin and always do a small test of the oil before use. If an allergic reaction occurs, wash off the oil with soap and water and then seek medical attention.
- You might smell the oil before you open the package but this is common with strong oils that have come from an essential oil supplier.
Contents of each bottle:
We now use new recyclable PET plastic amber bottles that will avoid glass been sent in the post.
These bottles are designed for pharmaceutical use, impact resistant and can be dropped without smashing, perfect for bathrooms, spa and health environments. They are designed in Austria as a replacement to the glass alternatives. They can be recycled and have classification PET1 (same as most food containers). The bottles are lighter than glass (weight 10 grams) but they will always contain the 10ml (equiv. of 10 grams) of content. Total of around 20 grams.
A dropper cap is inside the bottle for easy usage, this can be removed if you need the oil to drip quicker. Thicker oils, like Patchouli will take time to drip from the bottle. The cap is tamper evident.
If you are testing a scent for the first time, please do not ask for refunds or leave negative feedback because you dislike a scent. i.e. Patchouli is a good example, many would consider it the Marmite of Essential oils.
We are unable to refund open bottles for hygiene reasons. Any damaged bottles will be refunded or replaced.
We suggest using your oil within 12 months of purchase. Some will last longer and some scents mature with age.