TRW Brake Pad For Toyota Altis (ZZE142) (Front) [4pcs/set]
The Global Leader In Safety Systems
About TRW Automotive
At its beginning, TRW and its founding companies developed a vast array of products for the fledgling auto industry. These included fasteners and cap screw technology that was eventually adapted to create the first two-piece engine valve, as well as wooden wheels for Henry Ford's Model T in North America, and lighting and other electrical products in Europe.
TRW has achieved another braking first.
TRW has introduced Cotec - an innovative coating for its brake pads. Independent tests have proven that Cotec achieves significantly shorter stopping distances than the brake pads of major competitors or even OE, for the first stops after leaving a garage following a brake pad change.
In the normal bedding in process there is a period, known as the ‘green behaviour’ of the pad, which occurs at the start of the bedding in process where the friction co-efficient is lower than usual.
Drivers can find it difficult to adjust to the difference in performance during these first stops. TRW Cotec brake pads address this issue by improving the contact between the brake disc and pad.
In independent tests, TRW Cotec out performed major competitors and OE during the first stops by at least a car length.
TRW has made the decision to coat all of its brake pads with Cotec. The changeover is already underway with 450 of the fastest moving references, covering 90% of the European car parc, already Cotec coated.
Scorching is a vital part of the manufacturing process and involves heating the brake pad material to 600-700°C. Scorching allows the evacuation of gases and resins, trapped inside the friction material at the mixing stage. This helps to reduce the bedding in time to a minimum.
Advanced plate scorching – the OE standard
Not all aftermarket suppliers carry out scorching to the same level as TRW. Indeed, some don’t carry out the process at all.
TRW utilises advanced heat plate scorching. Not only is this the OE standard, but it is more effective and uses less energy than conventional scorching techniques.
During the process of advanced heat plate scorching, the friction material of the brake pad is pressed to a heated plate. This heats the matrix of the friction material, allowing carbonization to occur to the first 0.5 to 1.5mm of its surface.
The friction material is the most important part of a brake pad. All TRW’s brake pads contain the optimum mix of raw materials from rubber to graphite.
TRW has made a significant investment over the years to ensure that we have the perfect mix – and we make it in-house.
The ingredients ensure a stable friction coefficient and the safest braking performance in all temperatures, at all speeds and under all conditions.
Back plate function
Brake pad back plates are high-quality steel plates that carry the friction material required for the braking function. The friction material is bound to the disc-facing surface of the back plate. The backing plate is powder coated which protects the back plate from rust.
Unique TRW design
The backing plates used by TRW are designed, patented and produced in-house to OE specification. They are fitted to the friction material with a unique adhesive compound which can withstand high temperatures and resists extremely high shear strengths.
Tested to the extreme
All TRW brake pads undergo a rigorous set of tests during production and on the road and the aftermarket testing mirrors OE procedures. Many aftermarket suppliers in Europe consider their adherence to ECE R90 specifications as a mark of excellence, but for TRW, this is a minimum.
TRW goes the extra mile with its testing procedures and its brake pads undergo a further shear strength test during production control – this ensures the pad material will not separate from the backing plate.
TRW places great emphasis on noise reduction and its brake pads are fitted with high quality shims which act as a damper between the friction material and the brake caliper.
Our friction components are not only tested in our NVH (noise vibration harshness) laboratories and also on the road.
But TRW is taking things to the next level. For the best possible performance, TRW now uses a fibre glass material instead of rubber for its shims. And where at an OE level, vehicle manufacturers use a metal shim held in place with special adhesive – TRW’s aftermarket parts follow suit.
And for the best possible noise reduction, many TRW pads have integrally moulded shims and a multi-layer construction.
Last Updated @ 4/16/2016 12:29:35 PM
Buy with confidence
|qk****||178361365||1/11/2017 1:22:00 AM||excellent service... Very fast shipping|
|qk****||178361365||1/11/2017 1:21:00 AM||excellent service... Very fast shipping|
|la****||187168757||1/9/2017 4:24:00 PM||Fast shipping. Got the confirmation from buyer to ensure that correct items were ordered. Recommended|
|ke****||187168757||1/8/2017 11:04:00 AM||Good seller|
|es****||178361400||1/7/2017 10:31:00 AM||-|
|es****||178361403||1/7/2017 10:31:00 AM||-|
|St****||178361351||12/20/2016 3:53:00 PM||-|
|ow****||184264040||12/19/2016 3:11:00 PM||-|
Questions & Answers Ask Seller
Recently Viewed Items
Internet Transfer, Cash Deposit, ATM Fund Transfer Cash Carry.
Payment by cheque should be crossed and made payable to NATURE FINE MARKETING SDN BHD
1. Your orders are usually shipped within 1-2 working days after payment is received. Your shipment will arrive to you safe and sound as we are using the reputable Skynet, Poslaju, Normal Air Parcel, City-Link or Kangaroo.
2. Please check that your address is correctly stated in the official receipt which we will email to you once payment is received.
3. You may track your shipment via the tracking number which will be provided to you as soon as your item is post.
4. Please ensure that there is someone to collect your parcel at your given address during working hours.
5. You will be notified by the courier service should the delivery be unsuccessful and you may have to retrieve it from their branches.
Click the logo below for the link :
1. Goods Sold are not Refundable nor Returnable.
2. Prices are subjected to Changes Without Prior Notice.
Product Returns / Warranty Claims
- All items warranty (varies depending on product brands)
- Our warranty covers from the start date of purchase and any purchased items / products can only be returned for warranty purpose. Kindly please check the products compatibility / requirement before purchasing. Goods sold are non-refundable or exchangeable.
- To initiate a return or replacement for a defective product, kindly please contact us so that we can issue you a directive order on sending back the items for warranty claims / replacement. Please do note that back forth return shipping fees is fully borne by the customer. We will notify you via Phone calls once your warranty claims is done and advice you on the return shipping fee.
Our warranty term applies provided the product is handled properly for its intended use, in accordance with its operating instructions and upon presentation of the original invoice or cash receipt.
The warranty may not apply or void if:
- All warranty will be immediately invalidated if unauthorized repairs are made or attempted by unauthorized personnel or the documents have been altered in any way or made illegible or the model or production number on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
- This warranty does not cover accident, misuse, incorrect line voltage, improper installation, transport damage, altered serial number, connection to non compatible hardware and the like.
- This warranty does not cover customer self physical damage.
- We shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damage (including without limitation any loss of profits) arising from use of the product purchased or any breach of this warranty.
- Defects caused by abuse or misuse of the product.
- If customer is unable to provide the Proof of Purchase.