The ACR122U NFC Reader is a PC-linked contactless smart card reader/writer developed based on 13.56 MHz Contactless (RFID) Technology. Compliant with the ISO/IEC18092 standard for Near Field Communication (NFC), it supports not only MIFARE® and ISO 14443 A and B cards, but also all four types of NFC tags.
ACR122U is compliant with both CCID and PC/SC. Thus, it is a plug-and-play USB device allowing interoperability with different devices and applications. With an access speed of up to 424 kbps and a full USB speed of up to 12 Mbps, ACR122U can also read and write more quickly and efficiently. The proximity operating distance of ACR122U is up to 5 cm, depending on the type of contactless tag in use.
In order to increase the security level, ACR122U is integrated with an ISO 7816-3 SAM slot. Furthermore, the ACR122U NFC Reader is available in module form, permitting easy integration into bigger machines, such as POS terminals, physical access systems and vending machines.
The ACR122U NFC Reader is ideal for both secure personal identity verification and online micro-payment transactions. Other applications of the ACR122U include access control, e-payment, e-ticketing for events and mass transit, toll road fare collection and network authentication.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed Interface
- CCID Compliance
- Smart Card Reader:
- Read/write speed up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with card reading distance of up to 50 mm (depending on tag type)
- Supports ISO 14443 Type A and B cards, MIFARE, FeliCa, and all 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC 18092) tags
- Built-in anti-collision feature (only 1 tag is accessed at any time)
- 1 SAM slot.
- Application Programming Interface:
- Supports PC/SC
- Supports CT-API (through wrapper on top of PC/SC)
- User-controllable bi-color LED
- User-controllable buzzer
- Supports Android™ OS 3.1 and above
- Dimensions 98.0 mm (L) x 65.0 mm (W) x 12.8 mm (H)
- Weight 70.0 g
- Interface USB Full Speed
- Operating Distance Up to 50 mm (depends on the tag type)
- Supply Voltage Regulated 5V DC
- Supply Current 200mA (operating); 50mA (standby); 100mA (normal)
- Operating Temperature 0-50 °C
- Operating Frequency 13.56 MHz
- Smart Card Interface Support • ISO14443 Type A & B
- 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC18092) tags
Compliance / Certifications • ISO 18092, ISO 14443, PC/SC, CCID, EN60950/ISO 60950, CE, FCC, MIC, KC, VCCI, RoHS 2, USB Full Speed, Microsoft® WHQL
Operating System Support • Windows®
- Win CE 5.0 and 6.0
- Mac OS®
Last Updated @ 9/5/2016 11:45:47 AM
Last Updated @ 1/18/2017 5:44:35 PM