The adenium obesum, commonly known as the Desert Roses (Fu Gui Hua 富贵花) is a succulent plant, which translates to prosperity flower in Chinese. It is native to hot humid climates for Africa and Arabia, but can be grown anywhere if cared for properly with warmth and sunlight. Since they are succulents, they are drought-tolerant, hence requiring less watering. The adenium plant can survive a couple of weeks without water or soil. It can even be grown in sunny area of apartment. Unlike other flowers, adeniums bloom very often and have very long lifespan that can grow more than 10 years. This species is ideal to be developed as bonsai.
* 10 seeds per package
* A nice decoration for your garden or home
* Usually germinate within 4 - 30 days
* Should be in half-shade or place with full sunshine
* Germination temperature: 25°C - 35°C (with moisture)
* Germination rate: 40 % - 90 % (depends on the breed, may vary depending on the sowing method and sowing media)
* Growth temperature: 25°C - 35°C
* Generally, it takes about 8 months - 2 years to bloom from seeds (breed-dependent)
* Shelf life: Two years (keep in dry condition)
Seeds we sold are 100% hand-pollinated (NOT bee-mediated pollination), hence the chances for them to develop into WILD TYPE PINK color are EXTREMELY low. Our seeds are freshly harvested within last 3 months from the mother adenium. However, please kindly understand that we are UNABLE to guarantee they will 100% be grown of identical origin mother plant after blooming, especially for multi-petals varieties, which are more unstable than single-petal varieties. Generally, offspring flower will have 60% - 80% chances to grow into multi-petals variety. On the contrary, single petals are much more stable and reproducible.
How to sow your seeds?
Getting your seeds started in life is easy and fun. Here are some ways in which you can sow your seeds: direct into the soil or, into a pot or container with wet tissue paper/cotton.
1. Before sowing, soak your seeds in the water for 2 – 6 hours to increase germination rate. Seeds require water to soften the seed coat and stimulate root development.
2. The soaked seeds should be placed horizontally onto soil/medium in the basins or trays. The best depth under the cultivating materials would be 1 cm.
3. The seeds should be sheltered from extremes of climate, and direct exposure to sun light should be avoided. The optimum temperature for growing seeds is about 25 - 35 degrees Celsius. If the temperature is lower than 18 degrees Celsius, the seeds won’t be able to germinate.
4. For the first week after sowing, it’s important to keep the soil/medium moist at all times to promote sprouting. Until this point, the soil/medium that is in contact with the seeds must stay moist by gentle spraying with water (not using water hose). The soil doesn’t need to be soggy nor soaking wet, but MOIST. Keeping the soil too wet drives out the air and the seeds get damped off and rot quickly; if the soil is allowed to dry, the germination will be delayed or, in most cases, ended. However, insufficient water also causes the young tender seedling to dry out and die.
5. To prevent moisture loss, the seed tray should be covered with clear clinging film/plastic cover for ~10 days until the sprouts appeared. The film/cover can be removed as soon as the seedlings (leeks) broke through the compost surface.
6. Once the seeds sprout into a two leaf stage, decrease the moisture of the soil/medium gradually.
7. If the instructions above are followed correctly, the seeds will usually germinate within 4 to 30 days.
Buyer can choose to pay via NetPay or internet banking. The NetPay payment is highly recommended due to protection and security of customer. By using NetPay, we could confidently provide customers with reliable and secure online checkout experience with just a few simple clicks and steps.
We will get informed by the system automatically about your payment as soon as you paid by NetPay or updated the order status. You can shop with peace of mind with highest level of security and protection.
We will deliver your items within 5 business days of receiving cleared payment. You orders will be delivered via:
Exchange and Returns Policy
1. Item may be returned for a refund within 5 days of receiving the product (the date you receive the item through the courier service).
2. We accept refund merchandise cost or sending replacement ONLY IF you received the wrong item, or it arrived damaged. All items must be returned in perfect, resellable condition, with original packaging. We won't accept return/refund of the order if you received the item in a good condition.
3. Should you have any issue associated with germination rate after sowing seeds, please contact us and provide photographs, we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
4. Once you purchased our product, it means you agreed ALL TERMS as stated above.
Should you have any further enquiries, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will revert to you within 24 hours.
Last Updated @ 3/8/2016 12:59:19 PM