A new designed protective cover for all of the crucial parts near the motherboard's rear I/O, so that they won't easily be damaged by static electricity.
Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps
Supreme 12K platinum capacitors with lifespans of at least 12,000 hours. Compared to other counterparts on high-end motherboards that merely have lifespans of around 10,000 hours, ASRock applied Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps that offer 20% longer lifespans and provide more stability and reliability. * Tested under industry standard 105 degree Celsius ambient temperature.
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
What you\u2019ve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever you\u2019d like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesn\u2019t melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit. Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
Traditonal Glass Fabric PCB
Supports NVIDIA\u00ae Quadro and AMD FirePro Workstation Graphics Cards
Two PCIe Gen3 x16 slots that not only support ordinary graphics cards, but are also fully compatible with professional NVIDIA\u00ae Quadro and AMD FirePro workstation graphics solutions.
* This motherboard has passed SPECviewperf 12 tests using NVIDIA\u00ae Quadro\u00ae & NVS\u2122 graphics cards.
10 Power Phase Design
The power phase design offers smooth power delivery to the CPU, unmatched overclocking capabilities, lower temperature for advanced gamers, and reinforced system stability for taking on all sorts of arduous computing tasks.
Ultra M.2 32 Gb/s (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
The PCIe Gen3 x4 Ultra M.2 interface pushes data transfer speeds up to 32Gb/s. In addition, it also supports SATA3 6Gb/s M.2 modules, and is compatible with ASRock\u2019s U.2 Kit for installing some of the world\u2019s fastest U.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 SSDs.
Originally an Easter egg, now the hidden option DDR4 OC may be summoned from the UEFI using certain memory modules, such as Samsung or Kingston DDR4 memory DIMMs. It unlocks the hidden potential of those memory modules and maximizes the performance!
UEFI EZ Mode
EZ mode is a dashboard which contains multiple readings of the system\u2019s current status. You can check the most crucial information of your system, such as CPU speed, DRAM frequency, SATA information, fan speed, etc.
Intel\u00ae LAN provides the best throughput performance, lower CPU utilization, enhanced stability and is able to deliver ultimate network experience to users!
Unlike traditional motherboards that use analog power, this motherboard uses a next generation digital PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) design, which provides CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly, so that the stability and lifespan of the motherboard is greatly enhanced.
Supports DDR4 3866+ (OC)
Supports the latest DDR4 memory modules and most extreme memory performance!
ELNA Audio Caps
Who says high quality audio is only available on high-end motherboards? ASRock applied ELNA audio capacitors on mainstream and entry-level motherboards! Compared with traditional solid caps, the leakage current of ELNA audio caps is merely 3uA. This is the key to reduce noise level significantly and satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles.
Flexible PCIe Slots
A new flexible PCIe Gen3 x1 slot design that allows users to install add-on cards of all kinds of sizes. * The bandwidth of your devices will be limited to PCIe Gen3 x1.
Win 7 USB Patcher
Due to chipset limitation, when you want to install Windows\u00ae 7 on this MB, you may need to use \u201cWin 7 USB Patcher\u201d to create a new ISO file, or check this page for more details on how to install Windows\u00ae 7 OS.
A-Tuning is ASRock's multi purpose software suite with a new interface, more new features and improved utilities.
Live Update & APP Shop
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop is designed for your convenience. We provide various apps and support software for users to download. You can also easily optimize your system and keep your motherboard up to date with ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
Full Spike Protection
Some sensitive digital components on the motherboard are vulnerable to power surges, the excessive current may cause your system to malfunction immediately. ASRock Full Spike Protection includes various technologies to prevent your motherboard\u2019s components from being damaged by these unexpected voltage spikes.
ASRock Cloud* technology makes your mobile devices connect to your PC seamlessly and supports multi devices for accessing File Explorer cloud service simultaneously! *For more information please check:http://www.asrock.com/feature/cloud/index.html
In a world where time is money, why waste precious time everyday typing usernames to log in to Windows? Why should we even bother memorizing those foot long passwords? Nobody has time for that! Just plug in the USB Key and let your computer log in to windows automatically!
Restart to UEFI
Fast Boot is so fast that it is impossible for users to enter the UEFI setup utility during POST. Therefore, ASRock Restart to UEFI technology allows users to easily enter the UEFI setup utility automatically when turning on the PC next time. It is designed for those who constantly need to enter the UEFI setup utility.
ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
Limit and control your children's time spent on the internet. ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times. Administrators are able to schedule the starting and ending hours of internet access granted to other users.
UEFI Tech Service
Contact ASRock Tech Service by sending a support request from the UEFI setup utility if you are having trouble with your personal computer. Users may try to choose the category of the issue they have encountered, describe the problem in detail, and then attach an optional picture or log file for our technical support team.
Easy Driver Installer
For users that don\u2019t have an optical disk drive to install the drivers from our support CD, Easy Driver Installer is a handy tool in the UEFI that installs the LAN driver to your system via an USB storage device, then downloads and installs the other required drivers automatically through the internet. Completely no CD or optical disk drive required!
ASRock XFast RAM fully utilizes the memory space that cannot be used under Windows\u00ae 32-bit operating systems. It shortens the loading time of previously visited websites, making web surfing faster than ever. And it also boosts the speed of Adobe Photoshop 5 times faster. Another advantage of ASRock XFast RAM is that it reduces the frequency of accessing your SSDs or HDDs in order to extend their lifespan.
When Internet Explorer loads very slowly for no clear reason, it's usually due to inefficient management. ASRock is rolling out super efficient web management in the motherboard industry. XFast LAN is a convenient tool that controls internet related applications easily and efficiently. Creating a perfect Internet environment, all you need is a smart manager. ASRock XFast LAN allows you to enjoy more speed, easier multitasking, enhanced multimedia experience, and more \u2013 all without weighing you down.
This motherboard supports HDMI\u2122 (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) which is an interface standard for transferring uncompressed video data and delivering multi-channel audio through a single cable. Both video and audio data signals transferred through the HDMI\u2122 interface are digital without being converted into analog, therefore it delivers the richest pictures and the most realistic sounds.
ASRock Super Alloy - Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps (100% Japan made high quality conductive polymer capacitors) - I/O Armor - High Density Glass Fabric PCB ASRock Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3) ASRock Full Spike Protection ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
*3866+(OC) memory frequency can only be achieved when a single memory module is installed (Single channel memory). Please refer to Memory Support List on ASRock's website for more information.
**Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows\u00ae 32-bit OS. For Windows\u00ae 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
- 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support - ACPI 5.0 Compliant wake up events - SMBIOS 2.7 Support - CPU, GT_CPU, DRAM, VPPM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCPLL, VCCSA Voltage Multi-adjustment
Audio, Video and Networking
- Supports Intel\u00ae HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel\u00ae Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel\u00ae InTru\u2122 3D, Intel\u00ae Clear Video HD Technology, Intel\u00ae Insider\u2122, Intel\u00aeHD Graphics 510/530 - Pixel Shader 5.0, DirectX 12 - Max. shared memory 1024MB* - Dual graphics output: Support DVI-D and HDMI ports by independent display controllers - Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz / (3840x2160) @ 30Hz - Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz - Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required) - Supports Accelerated Media Codecs: HEVC, VP8, VP9 - Supports HDCP with DVI-D and HDMI Ports - Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with DVI-D and HDMI Ports
*The size of maximum shared memory may vary from different operating systems.
**Intel\u00ae HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
***Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel\u00ae HD Graphics is only supported under Windows\u00ae 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
****Intel\u00ae InTru\u2122 3D is only supported under Windows\u00ae 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec) - Premium Blu-ray Audio support - Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection) - ELNA Audio Caps
- Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s - Giga PHY Intel\u00ae I219V - Supports Wake-On-LAN - Supports Lightning/ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection) - Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az - Supports PXE
- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel\u00ae Rapid Storage Technology 14 and Intel\u00ae Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug - 2 x SATA Express 10 Gb/s Connectors* - 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket, supports type 2230/2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)**
*Support to be announced If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 will be disabled.
**Supports ASRock U.2 Kit Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
- 1 x COM Port Header - 1 x Chassis Intrusion Header - 1 x TPM Header - 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header - 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control) - 3 x Chassis Fan Connectors (2 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)* - 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector - 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector - 1 x PCIe Power Connector - 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector - 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)) - 1 x USB 3.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
*CPU_FAN1 and CHA_FAN1 can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use. The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
Rear Panel I/O
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port - 1 x DVI-D Port - 1 x HDMI Port - 6 x USB 3.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)) - 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED) - HD Audio Jacks: Side Speaker / Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Other Features / Miscellaneous
Software and BIOS
Software - ASRock A-Tuning - ASRock Disk Health Report - ASRock USB Key - ASRock APP Charger - ASRock XFast LAN - ASRock XFast RAM - ASRock Fast Boot (Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI)* UEFI - ASRock EZ Mode - ASRock Full HD UEFI - ASRock My Favorites in UEFI - ASRock Instant Flash - ASRock Internet Flash - ASRock Crashless BIOS - ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) - ASRock UEFI System Browser - ASRock UEFI Tech Service - ASRock Easy RAID Installer - ASRock Easy Driver Installer
*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar
- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield - 2 x SATA Data Cables - 1 x Screw for M.2 Socket
- CPU/Chassis temperature sensing - CPU/Chassis Fan Tachometer - CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature) - CPU/Chassis Fan multi-speed control - CASE OPEN detection - Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, GT_CPU, DRAM, VPPM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCSA
*To install Windows\u00ae 7 OS, a modified installation disk with xHCI drivers packed into the ISO file is required. Please see our online tutorial or check our User Manual for more detailed instructions. For the updated Windows\u00ae 10 driver, please visit ASRock's website for details.
- FCC, CE, WHQL - ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
Caution: Please realize that there is a certain risk involved with overclocking, including adjusting the setting in the BIOS or using the third-party overclocking tools. Overclocking may affect your system stability, or even cause damage to the components and devices of your system. It should be done at your own risk and expense. We are not responsible for possible damage caused by overclocking.