This is a SIM900 GSM/GPRS module working under 3.3V. Unlike other GSM/GPRS modules, this modules works with most 3.3V system such as intel edison, and Arduino Due.
It has a quad-band GSM/GPRS engine. The standard industrial-level interface makes it easy to configure via AT commands.
Through this module you can do almost everything that feature phone does. Imagine that every morning, your "private robot secretary" calls your phone and say "good morning". It will be really cool!
NOTE: SDK or drivers for Gadgeteer platform not included. Drivers are a community maintained projects, for contributions please forward directly to Github or Codeplex.
- PIN1: +3.3V Power +3.3V
- PIN2: +5V Power +5V
- PIN3: NC no use
- PIN4: TX serial transmit
- PIN5: RX serial receive
- PIN6: NC no use
- PIN7: NC no use
- PIN8: NC no use
- PIN9: NC no use
- PIN10: GND ground
- NET Gadgeteer Compatible
- Single supply voltage 3.4V - 4.5V
- Typical power consumption in SLEEP mode is 1.5mA
- SIM900 quad-band: GSM 850,EGSM 900, DCS 1800, PCS 1900.
- Searching the 4 frequency bands automatically.
- Compliant to GSM Phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2W) at GSM 850 and EGSM 900
- Class 1 (1W) at DCS 1800 and PCS 1900
- GPRS multi-slot class 10 ?default?
- Support Single Antenna Interference Cancellation
- Compatible with AT command through Serial port
- Temperature range -30\u00b0C to +80\u00b0C
- GPRS data downlink/uplink transfer: max. 85.6 kbps / 42.8 kbps
- 1 x SIM900 GSM/GPRS Module
- 1 x Cable for Gadgeteer