• Integrated 12 Channel WAAS GPS receiver
• GPS antenna built-in to the front panel allows reception when bracket or flush mounted
• Ultra thin and compact rear case design (3.5” depth)
• Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling)
• Navigation to a DSC Distress Call with compass page
• DSC test call and Auto DSC channel change selection
• Automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 ships using DSC
• Enter, Save, and Navigation to waypoint with Compass page
• GPS Compass display
• Navigation (LAT/LON, Time, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
• Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
• Noise canceling microphone with channel UP/DOWN, 16/9 and H/L keys
• NOAA weather channel selection with alert
• Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual Watch
• Preset Key stores up to 10 favorite channels, with scan function
• Oversized display with customizable channel names
• NMEA 0183 Input and Output of GPS information to other devices
• Programmable soft keys
• Capable of connecting to a Second Station RAM3+ Remote Access Microphone
• Intercom between radio and Second Station RAM3+ Remote Access Microphone
• Die-cast chassis
Easy DSC and Installation!
The GX1700 makes DSC easy. With an internal 12 Channel GPS built into the front panel, there is no need to hassle with wiring the radio to a GPS for DSC. Out of the box and ready to go, DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint navigation, navigation to DSC distress calls can all be performed with just a few simple steps.
Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The Explorer GPS has an ultra thin, compact rear case, only 3.5” in depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market.
The Built-In WAAS GPS reciever and antenna mounted in the front panel also gives the flexibility to flush mount the radio in tight areas.
GPS Compass - Navigate to Waypoints
The GX1700 is capable of entering and saving up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint with the internal 12 channel WAAS GPS.
ITU-R M493-11 Class D Digital Selective Calling
The GX1700 is an ITU-R M493 Class D class VHF with a separate Channel 70 receiver, which allows DSC calls to be received even when listening to communications.
The DSC DISTRESS function when activated transmits a digital MAYDAY including vessel identification, Latitude / Longitude and time, to facilitate prompt response. Additional calls that can be made are Individual, Urgency, Safety, Position Report and Send.