Terms and Policies
Access to the Groupme site
By accessing to Groupme site, you have agreed to:
- Use Groupme site for the lawful purposes
- Not take any action that might compromise the security of Groupme site or render the Groupme site inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to Groupme site or its contents
- Not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the content, or to attempt to access any content that is not intended for you
- Not to use the Groupme site in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties
- Provide all the information needed to Groupme site is correct, current and complete. (If our Company have any doubt towards the information you had provided, we have the rights to refuse your access to Groupme Site or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time, without prior notice )
Terms & Conditions
- All the purchased deals are not exchangeable for cash and/or other goods and services.
- No replacement or extension will be given for deals that have expired.
- Deals cannot be combined with any other offers/promotions unless stated otherwise.
- Sale or trade of a deal is prohibited.
- Unless otherwise stated at the time a deal is purchased, deal price does not include service charges, value added, shipping fees or taxes which may be charged to the buyer separately by the merchant at the time the deal is redeemed or during the checkout process when the deal is purchased.
- Combine shipping is not allowed for different deals.
- If shipping information provided is not accurate and not up-to date, additional charges will be applied to the buyer.
- Groupme will not guarantee the success of the deal although deposit has been made as it solely depends on unlocking the minimum quantity requirement to unlock the first price goal. In the event that the deal is cancelled due to the minimum unlock quantity is not reached, Groupme shall give a full refund of the deposit made.
- The final payment of the deal is expected to be made within 7 days upon successful completion of the deal. Otherwise, your deposit will be forfeited.
- Any modification/cancellation of order will not be entertained once reservation is made.
Intellectual Property Information
- At the time you submitted the deal to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) rights to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future.
- Groupme site and its contents belong to the Company or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties. The copyright owners who own the copyrights of the content are authorized to use the content in Groupme site. You may download the content ONLY for non-commercial or non-public used.
- Groupme site might contain hyperlinks to third-party websites, which are not maintained by or related to our Company. These hyperlinks to third-party websites do not imply any endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by our Company. Our Company is not responsible for the content in these sites and makes no representations for these sites. End users access to these sites at their own risks.
Eligibility for Membership
Our services are available only to and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended members. If you are under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use our Site.
Information Collected and Use of Collected Information
We collect two types of information about our website users which are Personally Identifiable Information and Non-personally Identifiable Information.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information is the information to indicate a specific End User. When you engage in certain activities on the Website, such as creating an account, purchasing a product/deal from us or our merchants, submitting content/ deal and/or posting content in discussion forums, participating in a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by us or our partners, filling out a survey, posting a review, sending us or our partners feedback, requesting information about our services, submitting an affiliate agreement, applying for a job, posting a video or signing up for special offers from third parties through the Website (collectively, referred to as “Identification Activities”),we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. If you elect in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, MyKad Number, Mailing address (include post code), email address, house/office number, handphone number, and Date of Birth. When you purchase a deal, we may ask you to provide us your credit card number, expiration date and authentication code or related information. Depending on the activity, some of the requested information is mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information:Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific End-User. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (hereinafter as URL) of the website you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (hereinafter as “IP”) address. We, and / or our authorized Third Party Service Providers and Merchants, may automatically collect this information using wisely available site web statistical tools such as Cookies, Web Beacons or Pixeltags. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized Third Party Service Providers and Advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
What we do with information collected
Personally Identifiable Information
We will not share, sale or rent your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties
except as provided below:
- We will share your information with Groupme.my Merchants. From time to time, we provide offers from particular merchants (referred to as “GroupMe Merchants”) who, as part of the offer, request information on Groupme customers who purchased the offer. In those cases, we will share some of your Personally Identifiable Information with Groupme Merchants. Sharing this Information may allow a Groupme Merchant to market directly to you should they choose to do so. However, we will only share Personally Identifiable Information with a Groupme Merchant if you engage in an Identification Activity, and then only to the Groupme Merchant involved in that Identification Activity. We specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for the actions of such Groupme Merchant. While we inform them that they are only permitted to communicate with you for the purposes of the specific promotion with Groupme, we do not have any responsibility for the actions of the Groupme Merchant, and the actions of the Groupme Merchant are not in our control.
- We may share your information with Authorized Third Party Service Providers. We provide services and products through third parties. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Service Providers to fulfill orders, deliver packages, send postal or email, administer contests or sweepstakes, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Groupme Site, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. We may also collect personal information from individuals and companies (“Affiliates”) with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. For example, when you purchase a Deal, we release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for the deal and, if applicable, release your address to the delivery service to deliver the service. Likewise, we may release an Affiliate's information to our bank to send out a payment. We encourage Groupme Merchants and Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our Company control.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Partners, Affiliates and Advertisers. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) with “Third Party Advertisers” or “Third Party Advertising Companies” and other parties as provided below:
We use Third Party Advertising Companies to serve advertisement(s) when you visit our Groupme site. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We also use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our Users to administer Groupme site and constantly improve its quality. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for Advertisers. Please note that this is not Personally Identifiable Information, only general summaries of the activities of our Users. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
Updating and Correcting Information
We believe that you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information you provide us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable by accessing to your account and edit your profile. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes.
User Choices on Collection and Use of Information
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, although it may be required to engage in a certain activity on Groupme site. As a condition of purchase of our products and services, we will send you Administrative and Promotional emails. We will send you information regarding your account activity and purchases as well as updates about our products and services and promotional offers. You cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. Administrative Emails relate to a User’s activity on Groupme site, and include emails regarding a particular User’s account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and services. In contrast to Administrative Emails, however, you do have a choice with respect to Promotional Emails. Promotional Emails advertise our products and services, including exclusive sales and other offers, and/or the products and services of our Advertisers, Groupme Merchants and Affiliates. If you do not want to receive Promotional Emails from us, you may elect to opt-out of receiving Promotional Emails at any time after registering by e-mailing us, by writing to us at the address contained herein, or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Promotional Emails you do not want to receive.
Our company offer secure web pages to collect certain kinds of user information, and our company store certain kinds of data in encrypted form. Our company follows reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, our company believe the measures implemented by our website reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Our company generally keeps user data on our server or in our archives for as long as our company deem reasonable. Our company may alter this practice according to changing requirements. Our company may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it. Additionally, information posted in a public forum (such as a frequently asked question, article comment, or product review) could stay in the public domain indefinitely.
Miscellaneous Privacy Issues
Children: Minors under the age of 18 may not use the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and no part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. Groupme site does not sell products for purchase by children. In certain instances, we sell children's products for purchase by adults.
Public Area: Our company may provide areas on our Website where you can publicly post information about yourself, can communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, or can review products, restaurants, and submit media content. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a handphone review, you may receive unsolicited messages. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information. Our company does obtain consent from our users to post their name along with their reviews.
Limit of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE, OUR SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE).
You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
General Compliance with Laws
You shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our company servers or your bidding on, listing, purchase or sale of items.
Message from Partners and Sponsors
You acknowledge and agree that Groupme site may from time to time work with our partners to send you promotional messages, great deals or information from our sponsors. Groupme site will for all practical purpose allows members to unsubscribe from receiving such materials.
You and Groupme site are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
We would like to stay connected and want to hear from you!
Customer Service Inquiries:
6th Floor, Tower 1 Puchong Financial Corporate Centre (PFCC)
Jalan Puteri 1/2, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong