The WD WD5000LPCX Blue 500GB SATA Hard Drive is designed and manufactured with technology found in WD’s original award-winning desktop and mobile storage. This allows you to use the WD WD5000LPCX drive with confidence, knowing that the WD WD5000LPCX storage technologies are proven and are reliable everyday solutions.
- Model Number: WD5000LPCX
- Capacity: 500GB
- Speed: 5400RPM
- Cache: 16MB
- Interface: 6Gb/s
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch
- New ultra-slim design
- Low power consumption
- Dual actuator technology
- NoTouch ramp load technology
The WD advantage
WD puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. This testing ensures our products consistently meet the highest quality and reliability standards of the WD brand. WD also has a detailed Knowledge Base with more than 1,000 helpful articles as well as helpful software and utilities. Our customer support lines have longer operational hours to ensure you get the help you need when you need it.
Drive with confidence
We perform tests on hundreds of systems, configurations, and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab to give our customers the confidence that our drives will work in their systems for the ultimate compatibility. WD Blue allows you to use our drive with confidence, knowing that our storage advancements such as NoTouch Ramp Load technology are proven and reliable everyday solutions
A modern classic
WD Blue storage is designed and manufactured with technology found in WD’s original award-winning desktop and mobile hard drives. WD Blue sets the baseline for everyday storage by consistently delivering improved performance over previous generations while successfully maintaining WD’s quality and reliability for over six generations. The difference is that our colors never fade, generation after generation.
The WD WD10JPVX Blue 1TB Hard Drive offers high-performance, low power consumption, and cool operation that is perfect for notebooks and other portable devices. Pick the drive that suits your needs with the confidence in knowing that all WD Blue drives are built to the highest standards of quality and reliability, and come is an amazingly thin 9.5mm thick housing!
- Model Number: WD10JPVX
- Capacity: 1TB
- Speed: 5400 RPM
- Cache: 8MB
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch
The WD WD10JPVX Blue delivers best-in-class performance with power requirements comparable to much slower drives. In addition, you'll get one of the smallest (height 9.5mm) and quietest 2.5-inch drive on the market, and the one with ruggedness, reliability, and data-protection features that actively watch over valuable data. The WD WD10JPVX Blue has a standard 8 MB cache, spindle speed of 5400 RPM for fast performance and a low power consumption that yields longer battery life and increased overall reliability.
Utilising the most technologically advanced material available on the market, the WD WD10JPVX Blue is able to execute a minimum of 600,000 load/unload cycles without contamination, up to twice the performance of its competitors!
- Massive capacity - Storage capacity for 2.5-inch form factor drives has arrived at a realm once thought to be impossible - up to 1 TB for mobile storage. Whether they are in an external drive or a notebook computer, WD Blue drives continue to offer the highest capacity for space-hungry operating systems with plenty of room left over for photos, music, and video.
- Quiet - In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD's exclusive WhisperDrive combines state-of-the-art seeking algorithms to yield one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market. These algorithms also optimize the way a drive seeks for data, which significantly improves power consumption. So now silence (and longer battery life) is golden.
- Reliable and rugged - WD's ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks. WD's SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Fast and efficient - Ultra-fast 6 Gb/s SATA interface speed yields performance fit for demanding mobile applications.
- Tested for compatibility - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T) benefits
This testing ensures our products consistently meet the highest quality and reliability standards of the WD brand. WD puts our products through extensive testing in our FIT Lab prior to any product launch so that our customers have a hard drive they can trust when storing their digital content.
Storage for your everyday computing needs
WD Blue sets the baseline for everyday storage by consistently delivering improved performance over previous generations while successfully maintaining WD’s quality and reliability for over six generations.
- Available in desktop (3.5-inch) and mobile (2.5-inch) form factors
- Perfect for storing photos, videos, & other important files
- Tested extensively in our WD FIT Lab
- WD Blue hard drives come with a 2-year limited warranty and are available in up to 1TB capacities
A modern classic
A sixth generation masterpiece, WD Blue has only continued to advance and grow since it was first introduced making it a solid choice for your everyday PC needs.
Compute with confidence
WD products are tested on hundreds of different system configurations and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab; so you can be confident that our hard drives are compatible and will work within your PCs.
WD offers Acronis True Image (available as a download on the WD Support website), which enables you to easily copy all of your old data onto your new hard drive.
2 Year Western Digital Limited Warranty